Reflections

Part A:

Prior to the creative writing course, I had not been much of a writer; I would much rather read or meet with people instead of writing. I had never seen much of an interest in it until this year when I started to write more creatively and thought it would be a good course for me to take.  My writing identity now is Butterfly Lust and I’m not sure why I chose this name but it has stuck with me and has even been incorporated into my all about me section.  I also identify as being more outgoing with my work because I truly feel I have been doing my best and have improved in my writing skills throughout the year.  I have become a more creative individual when it comes to my ideas and how I were to structure each of my works.  I also like to go back and edit my writing from previous time and see any ways in which it can be improved and sound better than it was.  My style of writing ranges from one extreme to the next without any warning.  When it comes to my writing and who I am, consistency in voice and style will never exist. I follow my own thoughts and wishes and see where they will take me.  If I could tell one thing to new writers, it would be that you should just go out and do what you love. Write what you want to write; to succeed, you need to love what you do and do what you love.  With these in the end, nothing will be impossible because that love will show in your writing.  Also, deadlines are great; they may be irritation but without them nothing would get done or at least from my experience they wouldn’t.  thinking about those future writers, I’m not entirely sure what my future holds in the lines of writing. I would absolutely love to continue on with being creative and doing the things I love such as art and writing but when it comes to the fast pace of society, I wonder if I would have time to continue writing for my happiness.  I truly hope that I will continue to improve my skills at writing along with doing it to relieve stress.  This will be my goal to continue no matter how hard it may get.

Part B:

When it comes to my work and how I have improved since writing, I would have to say that there has been some improvement but there have also been times in which I still have to work on things because the grammar isn’t proper or the writing itself isn’t fitting as well as it should.  When it comes to my work, I need to improve on my grammar along with the wording choices I make in order to have my piece flowing fluidly.  Also, I would work on my story style and look into some new things that are interesting to write about for my blog posts.  Some things I felt were positive about my blog would be the dynamics when it come to the topic, along with the imagery that I choose to create.  I believe, after this course, I will continue to write and improve my skills as a student and as a writer.  When writing for my blog, I feel very proud of the things I create and writing I have done. I feel very accomplished and as though I have truly found myself and have grown as a person.  I haven’t been following many student’s blogs but I feel that I will continue to look through the class ones and what everyone has done and may continue to do. I love reading others work because it shows me that others have a passion in writing and expressing themselves through their words.  I haven’t explored any professional blogs yet but with all that we have learned throughout the year with the writing seminars and the guest speakers that have come in, I feel that I will start to explore professionals works a lot more often.

Part C:

When it comes to creative writing, I feel that an “aha” moment would be during the walks that we take. The new area and scenery gives me a new idea every time and allows for my techniques and abilities to grow as I express myself when writing.  Also the journal entries and reading prompts that we are given time to write about makes me feel really strong because every time I tend to know of a story to write I and it kind of just flows out of me.  When it comes to the reading, I don’t believe I have accomplished as much as I would like. I plan to read a lot more over the summer because I hadn’t had the time to do so during school considering I had to juggle a job, grade eleven, depression and life in general.  I hope to find some more books that I would love; the kind that grabs the reader’s attention and just causes you to hang on for dear life till the very end.  Reading always has caused me to get creative ideas and just builds up my confidence as a writer.  The books I chose to read tend to be fictional and have a creative, adventurous spin to it that I truly love to read and after reading this, it tends to inspire me to write.  I would absolutely love to take creative writing again in this next year because it truly allows for me to express my creative self and I enjoy the free style of being given a topic or something to write and then being able to do your own thing with it.  As a writer, I feel that in the future I will continue to add onto my blog and try to improve everything that I have already done within my blog throughout this course. Also, I would love to look through others blogs and gain inspiration along with the ability to try and understand some other writer’s points of view.  I’m not entirely sure what I have accomplished or whether or not the things I have written have been good, but I do feel confident in the things I have done and am very proud that I could have the creativity to write and be apart of this class.

Part D:

My experience of the writer’s seminar was that I was very inspired and quite interested in the things that we got to learn about writers that are well known.  Thinking about my writer, yes I liked learning the many things I hadn’t known about him, but in reality, I feel I would have loved to learn more about Rupi Kaur.  This is because I have read her book “Milk and honey” and truly fell in love with the poetic style of her writing.  In my eyes, she is a true inspiration to me and I would love to be able to learn knew styles and ways of writing that could be like hers.  I feel it is a great thing for me to try and learn, as it is a different take on writing for me and could potentially improve my writing or rather enhance the characteristics behind my pieces.  I truly enjoy her poetic style more than anything I have read with poetry. Along with poetry, fiction is something I’m truly in love with doing. It is something where I can just be creative and really branch out of reality; the fiction writing I like to do really inspires me and causes for things in everyday life to pop out and almost change before my eyes into something imaginary.  I’m not sure on whether or not I will branch into the non-fiction but if I feel like it then maybe I will try something along those lines and see how well I were to do.  I’m not sure of whether I will read more of a writer or not because realistically, I don’t feel the need to research other writers. Yes I suppose it would be good for inspiration but I would rather come to my ideas through my own throughout process.  If I were to search anyone, it would definitely be Rupi Kaur because then I can learn her background and see the things that she wrote about based off of certain evens from her past. I have a tendency to write from my experiences and truly I feel this is the best way when being a writer; build off of your own experiences and grow with your creativity.  I didn’t learn to much from the writing seminars because of the fact that I like to write through my own inspirations but I did catch on to some of the emulations and how they really inspired me when in the line of creative starts.  Also there was the fact of each writer’s comment to new writers.  How you can continue to try and it will only get better, also how you need to believe in the things you do because some people can’t write a story whereas maybe you can with the right creativity.